Monday, November 30, 2009

Hydroxycut Hardcore - Buy it, Use it, Love it

I will start by focusing on one of Muscle Tech's more famous products, Hydroxycut.

According to Muscle Tech's website(1*) Hydroxycut Hardcore will do the following:
1. Dramatically increases Norepinephaine.
2. Accelerate Metabolism
3. Initiate hardcore-strength thermogenesis
4. Jack up explosive energy levels

1.- I tried to research Norepinephaine, but I kept coming across Norepinephrine instead. So, I kept digging and found the two are very similar. Just a step or two apart on a molecular level. Basically Norepinephaine will increase heart rate and cause glucose to be released from energy stores in the body. There is more detail, but this gives us the necessary info for now.
2.- Since this will cause an elevated heart rate, one would assume that the increased load on the body would also trigger an increase in metabolism.
3.- Now, this is where I begin to think Muscle Tech is taking some "Artistic Liberty" in their advertising. By claiming to "Initiate Hardcore-Strength thermogenesis," Muscle Tech is saying that by utilizing artificial thermogenesis they can increase your strength. What this really does is increase your heart rate, thus increasing blood flow, thus allowing for max potential of strength. Creative advertising, but there is truth to it.
4.- To "Jack up explosive energy levels" they simply load Hydroxycut down with caffeine. According to the label, Hydroxycut Hardcore contains 300mg of caffeine per serving (3pills). Which is about the same as a Jolt or NOS energy drink (260-280mg), or a Starbucks Grande coffee (330mg)(2*).

Now that the informative junk is out of the way, I'll tell you what I think...

This stuff is awesome! It was better when it had ephedra in it... but so was everything else. I take 3 pills in the morning and 3 more pre-workout, and I also use the powders mixed with water at my 10am and 2pm meals. The pills are a little pricey, but so is every supplement these days! They are easy to swallow and do not leave a nasty taste behind. Plus I have noticed a definite boost to my workouts. The powders suggest you mix with around 16oz of water, I use a full 1 litre bottle. I use the Blue Raspberry and they taste great. Best of all is you can feel it working quickly, and that's what I need during a day filled with long-drawn out meetings.

The Hydroxycut Hardcore Pills come in a convenient 210 pill bottle, or a smaller 120 pill bottle. Which is great in my opinion... cause I HATE running out of something mid week or month... and have to change my schedule to get more.


I score Hydroxycut Hardcore a 9 of 10 - based strictly on my experience with it. Whether you use the pills or the powders, I don't think you will regret your investment.



THIS IS A RECOMMENDED PRODUCT!





1*. http://www.muscletech.com/products/hydroxycut_hardcore_x/faq_suppfacts.shtml#suppfacts
2*. http://www.energyfiend.com/the-caffeine-database

No comments:

Post a Comment